- Balbriggan is centrally located between all of the major towns in North County Dublin. We are just off the M1 motorway and all of our public transport is within walking distance of our hotels. So our town provides many convenient ways for travellers to get around. You are never very far from anywhere when in Balbriggan.
We are only 23 km, or 20 minutes north of Dublin Airport and are just off the M1 motorway. If you prefer public transport Bus Eireann route 101 stops off right outside the airport door and takes you directly to the centre of Balbriggan.
- For more information click here.
Bus Eireann Route 101 allows you to travel from the airport to Balbriggan with ease. This comfortable service operates via Dublin Airport at 20-minute intervals on weekdays. During the holidays Bus Éireann Nightrider Service provides a late night bus back to Balbriggan from the city centre.
The Number 33 Dublin Bus travels from Balbriggan to Dublin on the coastal route. It is a double-decker bus, showing views of the coast as you travel.
Go-Ahead Ireland Bus
The Number 33A Go-Ahead Bus travels from Balbriggan / Skerries to Swords / Dublin Airport.
- For TFI 33/33A timetable click here.
- For timetable 192 – Balbriggan to Stamullen & Return click here.
- For timetable 195 – Balbriggan to Ashbourne & Return click here.
Irish Rail provides high-frequency services to travellers taking you all the way to Belfast in the North, and south to Dublin City centre. Facilities include onboard train host, automatic PA and passenger information systems, air conditioning, bike compartment, luggage racks, wheelchair seating areas, wheelchair accessible toilet facilities and onboard CCTV.
- For train schedules click here.
Taxi or Private Car
Balbriggan is just 20 minutes to the airport by car. If you don’t have a car with you, our local taxi services operate from the centre of town.